Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Patons Moorland Shetland D.K.


Hi Knitters,

Today I'm gonna blog about the Patons Mooreland Sheltland D.K. yarn.  If I am only allowed to use one word to describe this yarn, that would be WARM.


Well, you may say wool yarns are all warm.  It's true.  But this Shetland yarn impresses me as the hat that made of it is so warm that it shields blowing wind in cold weather.  I would say it is one of the best knitting yarn for  knit  for elderly and newly born children.  Knitting something for SAVE THE CHILDREN may be a good idea.



Made in Scotland, Mooreland is in fact a rough yarn in texture.  It's not silky nor smooth to touch with your bare hands.  And it made me sweat a lot... it's a WARM yarn.  Plus it's not as easy to knit with as some blended yarn.  It takes time to get used to it.  Still, the result is amazing.  Op. 9 is a good example.

Anyway, I still have a few balls of the Mooreland.  Thinking of knitting a scarf out of it.  Cable knitting perhaps.  

HAPPY KNITTING

No comments:

Post a Comment