Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Ugly Duckling

Hi Knitters,

The "awful" picture above is in fact the draft of Op. 4 scarf.
Yes, it is.  I admit that I am never good at drawing.

I just bought the Rowan yarns from a local yarn store, then I didn't know what to do.
Hahaha...Then I decided to make a draft and test on the iPad app called SketchPro.  It was fun.


Well, I did know that I wanna knit a scarf.  Then I thought of making some bobbles.  Yes, the dark dots you see represent bobbles.  Then I wanna add some nice border.  Cable knitting then came up to my mind.  See the curves I drew..............

The result, as you can see here, is quite different.  They are not even in scale.  Ugly Duckling then became a Swan!!!

"I never dreamed of such happiness as this, while I was an ugly duckling."

I am surprised and very happy too.  You may want to meet the swan here:

http://eatinglemonknitknitknit.blogspot.com/2012/12/op-4.html

P.S. I forgot to mention in previous blog that I knitted with my beloved Takumi Velvet needles.

Thank you very much and

HAPPY KNITTING

2 comments:

  1. love the finished product! visiting you from the etsy 19th century team!

    Saralyn

    www.studiomaisonblog.us

    ReplyDelete